MSCI 616 - Presentations - 2006
|20 November||Monday||Phi Szajda - tire size||Kevin Hirshberg - understeer|
|27 November||Monday||Chris Vaucher - tire pressure / Davd Carr - bump & rebound||John Allen Gregroy - weight|
|29 November||Wednesday||Thanis Varnava - brake pads||Brad - oversteer|
|13 December||Wednesday||Jeff Haydon - toe / Scott McBeath - bump steer||Damen Hattori - camber|
No class on Dec 4 or 6th
1. Toe - what is it, how do you measure it, and what does it control ?
2. Castor - what is it, how do you measure it, and what does it control?
3. Camber - what is it, how do you measure it, and what does it control?
4. Over steer - what is it and what are the causes?
5. Under steer - what is it and what are the causes?
6. Bump and re-bound - what are they and what are the effects of changing them?
7. Bump steer - what is it, how do you measure it, and what effects does it?
8. Tire pressure - how do you know if its right and why do you change it?
9. Tire size - what effects the choice of width and what effects are there?
10. Weight - how does weight correlate with power?
11. Brake pad materials - what are they and what applications?
For each you will also need to talk about how to change the parameter on the Alfa!